Monday, November 24, 2008

THE THIRD TRIMESTER...dun dun dun dun.





So I've arrived at the final 3 month segment of this pregnancy journey. Kid Stedman is somewhere between an eggplant and a large squash in size and my tummy gets rounder and bigger by the day. Though I still have more to grow, small activities like carrying laundry up the stairs and bending over to tie my shoes have become slightly ungraceful and accompanied by quiet grunting. I know, that's not very pretty.

To celebrate the momentous 28 week mark Scott and I went to our local Brooklyn IKEA to buy the baby a dresser. Scott has a somewhat complicated relationship with IKEA and fears it will inevitably get the best of him each time he walks through those sliding glass doors- the lights, the labyrinthine pathways, those endless alleys of simulated bedrooms and workspaces. I understand his wariness. Keeping our eyes fixed on a certain HELMES style dresser and blocking out all the LACK and BILLY and the aroma of swedish meatballs we chose, purchased and cleared out of IKEA in a record 45 minutes. Veni Vidi Vici!

Putting together said dresser was not such a record breaking event. For part of Saturday and most of Sunday I sat on the floor making the dang thing. Scott deemed this project a "one man job" but jumped in for a picture (I even gave him a screwdriver to hold so it would seem like he was helping...) Scott did however, manage lots of other household projects that can no longer be handled by a pregnant wife- took the air conditioner to the storage space (good man!) and moved around the furniture in our office/baby room like a true Hercules. My hero!

We'll check back in during Thanksgiving!

No comments: