Thursday, March 5, 2009

New Things!






Everything is new to a baby which is why it's so fun introducing Louise to new toys, new experiences and new places everyday (not that she realizes any of this). This week Lou met her crazy graphic play mat and showed me she was entertained by staring blankly and making a few grunting noises, funny enough I get the same response when we change diapers, read stories or cozy up in the rocker.

Also this week, she and I cruised around the neighborhood with her in our very snuggly hippie baby sling. We've been experimenting with "baby wearing" in the apartment which supposedly introduces baby to useful skills while simultaneously enforcing parent/baby bonding. Who knew it was so easy to chop vegetables and work on the computer with a cute little human looking up at you? I feel like a mama kangaroo which strangely enough is a nice feeling.

1 comment:

Claire said...

She's so cute! I think I have that same wrap (is it the "Wrap & Wear/Moby wrap). I love it - Maggie is still cozy in it, even at 13 pounds! And on chilly days, you can zip one of Scott's fleece jackets around both of you, which is handy!

Have a great weekend!