Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Highchair Hellion






Before we head into Louise's birthday week and get all mushy about the glorious magic and sweetness that is Louise, I thought I'd temper the love fest with a dose of good old fashioned complaining. This kid is a terrible eater. This week she's on strike against all foods of color preferring simply to subsist on banana, cheddar and the occasional toast with cream cheese.

Before having Louise I'd look at parents feeding their children piles of chicken fingers and mac and cheese and tasteless, colorless slop from the children's menu and think How did they get here? Why did they give up? My kid's going to eat stinky cheeses and dinosaur kale straight out of the womb. This is not so. And as you can see, the daily showdowns (3! times a day), can get ugly and sticky. Notice also that Louise refuses a bib and thinks it quite hilarious when she's actually wearing one, to slowly rip apart the velcro fastener just as I walk away.

No comments: